Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Cat9's Journal

Cat9's Journal Statistics
View Cat9's profile
Entries 11 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 4940
Replies Cat9 has made 47 comments [view stats]
Comments 30 comments (2.73 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 1 props given to Cat9 [who be proppin?]
Buddies 2 buddies
Relation You are not Cat9's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Feb 26, 2008 - 11:48 AM
WoW and end game content...
Does anyone else feel 25 man content has actually made it harder for the average guild to do end game stuff?

Allow me to explain my theory.

With 40 man content, you really only needed about 20 great people, 10 average people and you could carry about 10 "dead weight" people. You could still succeed with even the worst players in your guild, since the good players could pick up the pace. The guilds who were able to do end game first and fast were guilds who would simply filter out average and dead weight people. They required (and still do) a big commitment (usually about 4 raid nights a week by my experience) and that you farm much gold or reagents to pay for buffs and such.

Now with 25 man content, it seems to me every man has to count. You cant really bring along many crappy players, because there is less people to make up for it. People who aren't good enough, or cant commit the time are left out.

Its the same for heroic and 10 man stuff, but its not very hard to find 5 to 10 quality players to pull those off.

As a former hardcore raider, I felt the expansion was going to allow me to do more endgame without the commitment that I just could not give anymore. I find myself wishing there was more 10 man content than the 2 instances we got. Especially since going from Karazhan to ZA is very hard. If you didnt do 25 man content in between, you are at a very big disadvantage.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2 of 11]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Cat9's Journal