Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Jessykins's Journal

Journal Banner

Jessykins's Journal Statistics
View Jessykins's profile
Entries 271 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 13 entries are private (4.8% of total)
Views 126356
Replies Jessykins has made 930 comments [view stats]
Comments 2171 comments (8.01 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 626 props given to Jessykins [who be proppin?]
Buddies 13 buddies
Relation You are not Jessykins's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 15, 2008 - 07:24 PM
VIDEO GAMES LIVE and The Incredible Hulk!
So Video Games Live was pretty awesome. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures due to a certain girlfriend leaving the camera at the house. However, I can break it down from memory mostly. Things might be out of order or missing. I dunno.

* The show started with a pretty funny video of people dressed as Ms. Pac-man and the ghosts chasing her through the street to some music.

* The show began with a medley of classic game music from things like Joust and Tempest and other such old arcade games. The obnoxious douche behind me had to keep announcing what games were on the screen. Thanks, buddy, I didn't recognize pong. Fuck you.

* Tallarico came out and started the show oddly with the music of Metal Gear Solid, presented by a video of Hideo Kojima speaking engrish.

* Following this was the theme from Medal of Honor, I recognized it from Frontlines, but I have no idea if it's the main theme or not. The composer's daughter came out to sing the high parts, and was pretty amazing at it. She looked like she was maybe 12. I'd hit it.

* Then Tallarico brought out the little weird asian guy who did that video of him doing Mario music blindfolded. He did a medley of Final Fantasy stuff. That was okay.

* Much like Colonel Skills' show, a horrendously huge guy was brought on stage to do the motion-captured Space Invaders. The shirt the gave him with the ship on it was too big, also he lost. Tallarico said he was ripped and gave him a consolation prize.

* They did Metroid, which he said was not something they do at all the shows, but I dunno. Was also kind of cool.

* THEN A SPECIAL TREAT. Voice Actor Dee Baker was brought out and did some of the voices he does for TV and games, and then also did the voice of the Berserker from Gears of War to a video of someone fighting the Berserker. That was kind of crazy to hear coming from such a strange, large headed man.

* Intermission!

* We come back from Intermission and got a special treat for Las Vegas. Since Westwood studios is (Was?) Vegas based, the composer of the Command and Conquer games came out with his band dressed in a Vash (From Trigun) coat and did the theme from that. It was pretty rocking, even if I didn't know the theme by heart.

* The Sonic Medley came after. I wasn't exactly impressed with that one. Not a theme song I remembered so well.

* LEGEND OF ZELDA! God I love that theme. This was awesome.

* Mario stuff was pretty good too, but in comparison to the rest of the concert, that theme seems so... simple. However it was still sweet. Little weird Mario piano player asian guy came out again and did his whole deal, then took the blindfold off and did the Super Mario World theme. I enjoyed this more than the Final Fantasy stuff.

* Halo. Yeah, Halo. I dunno, whatever.

* One Winged Angel. It's pretty crazy to hear this shit live.

* After this, Tallarico said it'd just be predictable to end on One Winged Angel, so they did Castlevania. This was a pretty fun note to end on, as his tiny ass was out there playing guitar along to it (As he did on OWA and the Halo theme).

Pretty much as soon as the song ended my dad was like "LET'S GO!!!" and we had to leave because he didn't want to deal with traffic. I kind of wished I didn't go with him, but whatever. I didn't get to make the meet and greet or do any of the after stuff, which sucked, but the concert itself was an amazing experience. I would recommend to ANYBODY on GFF to see this shit if it comes to your town.

I took my dad to see The Incredible Hulk today as well for Father's Day. I was pleasantly surprised by it. The action scenes were fucking awesome, especially the fight with Abomination.

Spoiler:
OMFG TONY STARK! SAMUEL STERNS TURNING INTO THE LEADER?! SHIELD SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS!

tl;dr.

Currently Playing: with myself

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 butts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #107 of 258]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Jessykins's Journal