Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Griffin's Journal

The_Griffin's Journal Statistics
View The_Griffin's profile
Entries 39 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 17969
Replies The_Griffin has made 61 comments [view stats]
Comments 118 comments (3.03 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 10 props given to The_Griffin [who be proppin?]
Buddies 5 buddies
Relation You are not The_Griffin's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Oct 8, 2006 - 11:49 PM
Oh, how things have changed.
Damn, it's been forever since I've written in this thing, and it shows. So much has changed since my last post. To start with:

Work. It's gone from bad to worse. Literally everybody in the store I even remotely like has left or turned in their two-weeks' notice, leaving me surrounded by incompetent workers, people I have no interest in, asshole managers that don't give a shit about me, and a complete lack of caring for the store.

The worst part is that we're understaffed right now, especially with drivers. Last night, both managers were delivering, and had called in somebody from another store to manage in their place. What this means is that the request for a cutback of hours that I needed for unimportant stuff like HOMEWORK has gone out the window. For all of 3-4 weeks, I was working 18-20 hours, closing maybe once a week. Not anymore. It's back up to 26-28 hours, closing twice a week, which can bump it up to around 29-30 hours per week actually worked.

It gets worse, too. The managers have lately seemed to become utterly determined to keep me to finish my schedule no matter what. No deliveries? Sweep the floors and do dishes, then.

Oh, but they don't treat other drivers the same way. No less than three times in the past two weeks, has somebody else been sent home early because there were no deliveries while I was kept to complete my shift.

So I'm working nearly 30 hours a week, attending school on top of that, and because of the extra hours, I basically have all of one day out of the entire week where I can do homework. Needless to say, I'm failing my classes.

I've tried to do some stuff to get out of the place, but no dice so far. I've applied at a different Pizza Hut for a transfer, but it was denied because-- you guessed it-- the store I was in was understaffed. Across the table from me right now is an application for Garlic Jim's, a competitor's rivalry chain. They're basically Pizza Hut in terms of hours and closing, but the comission rate is better and I know better than to say I'm available to close on the application this time. I know it's not a good idea to quit a job within a year because it looks bad on my resume, but it's become such a gigantic stress on my life that I seriously don't care any more. I had a fucking nervous breakdown last Friday and had to go home early, for fuck's sake, and nearly had another last night!

Oh, and classes. I tried to get into three classes this semester, but because an asshole teacher wouldn't give me permission, I was stuck taking two. And to be honest... I hate them both so far. I'm taking a course in the basic concepts of physics (which, coincidentally, is the source of the majority of my homework), and... it's absolutely nothing like I thought it would be. Instead of the professor taking an active role in our education (doing his job in other words), he basically sits there and sets us on experiments. Considering that I learn best in a lecture-based environment, this isn't a good thing for me. And naturally, the notes we take suck ass because not a single person there, including me, knows what the fuck we're doing. The only time I was interested in that class was when a substitute teacher came in, and he showed us some fascinating properties of light refraction.

The other class I'm taking is Critical Reasoning. It's basically a sister course to Introduction to Logic, which I took last quarter, which means that every class I've taken so far has been the exact same as the first time around. Hopefully, though, now that we've gotten the first test over with, we'll actually move into some stuff I haven't covered before.

In other news, I've basically lost all time for World of Warcraft. I've hit 60 on my shammy, and I'm at a dead end. I'm trying to save up for my epic mount by playing the auction house, but it's been going slowly so far. On top of that, I'm trying to get into raiding, and no dice, because the group I was running with went on hiatus unexpectedly, and I don't wanna leave the guild I'm in because a) I'm the only leader in it right now and I don't wanna leave a power vacuum, and b) my first true, actual friend, the kind you share your deepest, darkest secrets with, is the guild master right now.

So... yeah. If I could be bothered to go back and read this thing, I'd say something to the effect of "God damn, this shit is fucking emo," and delete it... but it's a pretty accurate reflection of my state right now.

To be honest, if I hadn't found that friend, I doubt I'd be able to make it through without spending some quality time in an insane asylum for either a complete nervous breakdown or a suicide attempt. =\

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30 of 39]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Griffin's Journal