Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Agent Marty's Journal

Agent Marty's Journal Statistics
View Agent Marty's profile
Entries 10 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 3312
Replies Agent Marty has made 164 comments [view stats]
Comments 27 comments (2.7 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 7 props given to Agent Marty [who be proppin?]
Buddies 3 buddies
Relation You are not Agent Marty's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
May 12, 2006 - 02:58 PM
Béla Fleck and the Flecktones Concert
So I landed a chance to see Béla Fleck and the Flecktones for free last night. I have a friend who was an intern at some symphony/arts organization a few years ago, but she still volunteers for their annual Gala. When I say "Gala", I really mean a bunch of millionaire donors walking around a reception hall, trying their damn best to feel as if they're really important - in some way or another.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend asked me if I'd like to go see the Flecktones for free and I was like, "HELLZ YEAH." Thing is, I had to volunteer at the "Gala" beforehand, which, as it turned out, was 45 minutes of opening the door for people, followed by another hour of free food and open-bar extravaganza. Apparently, when I'm around an open bar, I take every opportunity I possibly can to take advantage of it. I got a crash course in that lesson last night. I slammed down every glass of champagne that was offered to me (turned out to be about 6), on top of two bottles of Blue Moon, and three glasses of lovely Pinot Grigio. Then it was off to the concert, with a pretty damn good buzz going on.

The concert itself was amazing. They had an orchestra onstage with them for some parts and they played some alright classical songs. The only tunes from the Flecktones I recognized were "Zona Mona" and "Sunset Road". For their encore song, they did "Hoedown" with the orchestra. It was my first time seeing the Flecktones and I haven't listened to much of them for a couple years, so I had hardly any expectations. But god-damn, it was simply amazing.

Afterward, I got to go backstage and meet all the guys. Now, I've always had a strong disliking for those stereotypical fans who, when they meet a band, go insane with delight. I certainly didn't do that, but it took a lot for me to contain the shit I was feeling. Before I went backstage, I thought through and 'planned' everything I was going to say, how I was going to say it, etc. (Yeah, that's how my mind works.) Well, it all went to shit the moment I met them all, one by one. Especially Victor Wooten. But, I got all their signatures on the back of my program, along with a set-list that one of the stage manager fellas gave to me.

P.S. - Did anyone know that Victor Wooten is like, 5'6" or something? At 6'1", I felt like I towered over that guy.

Currently Playing: The Walkmen - Always After You ('Til You Started After Me)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2 of 10]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Agent Marty's Journal