Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
ComradeTande's Journal

ComradeTande's Journal Statistics
View ComradeTande's profile
Entries 57 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (1.75% of total)
Views 51089
Replies ComradeTande has made 426 comments [view stats]
Comments 172 comments (3.02 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 53 props given to ComradeTande [who be proppin?]
Buddies 16 buddies
Relation You are not ComradeTande's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Feb 5, 2013 - 04:10 PM
How I Fired My Boss (Also Known as Tande Ascends to Power +_+)
Well, let me start out with saying this:

The previous manager of the store I work at was batshit insane, sexist, and lazy as shit. He would regularly sit on his smart phone and watch wrestling for hours on end. He wouldn't get -shit- done, and then expected all his assistant managers to clean up after him. He hired -homeless- people (not saying I don't like to give people chances, but CHRIST, they've never heard of showers before, honestly). He regularly hired friends of his, too, who were practically useless.

And of course I didn't let this go on. I had reported the man -three- times to the district manager, complaining of his sexist remarks, how he threatened team members, and how lazy he was. Even when I had proof the district manager shrugged it off, wrote up the man, and everything was fixed for...about a week. After that, the man would go back to doing what he typically did. Being a lazy asshole.

Anyway, to be completely honest, this story isn't because of my actions, but another member of my staff, who I shall call T. T has barely any teeth, weighs about 200+ lbs, and is at least 6'4" and bald. He looks like he's 50. In reality, he's 29. Anyway, T was hired by the previous manager (let's just call him L) because he worked at Wal*Mart with him at one point and T sure knew how to brown nose.

I suppose T wasn't really entirely happy with how L was acting, and ended up talking with the district manager one night when I was acting assistant manager. Later, the district manager pulled me aside and simply asked me:

"So, what do you think about being a store manager?"

I kind of stumbled out that I didn't think I have enough time for it because of school, but I could probably do it. That was fine enough for the district manager, who said I'd be acting store manager the moment L was fired...though, the district manager mentioned he needed to drive off to the main store (a full state away) because of deliveries and all that jazz. Which meant I had to show up the next morning and fire L and proceed to work his shift and my previously schedule shift.

Woo.

Anyway, I go home a bit chattered since hell, I've never fired anyone in my life. S'just how it goes, I suppose.

The plan pretty much went like this: I would come into the store, ask to use the phone, call the district manager, and then hand the phone off to L. So I guess, technically I wasn't the one to fire him. And that's pretty much how it happened: I came in, asked for the phone, called the district manager, and went to go print off paperwork that L would have to sign because them's the breaks.

L took it pretty softly, honestly...I was expecting him to hit me. He pretty much ran out back, smoked a cigarette, and grabbed his coat. Signed the paper, and left without another word.

The teammembers and trainee present kind of stared at me like I was crazy and I shrugged it off. I had to explain to the friends he just hired that L was fired and I was the new acting manager. Funny story: not a single one managed to make it a month at the store after that.

I'm sorry that story was a lot less exciting than I made it out to be. But not everyone gets to do something like that in their life, right?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [14] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 prons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #49 of 56]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
ComradeTande's Journal