Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal

Journal Banner

Freelance's Journal Statistics
View Freelance's profile
Entries 690 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 11 entries are private (1.59% of total)
Views 249845
Replies Freelance has made 1850 comments [view stats]
Comments 3599 comments (5.22 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 253 props given to Freelance [who be proppin?]
Buddies 18 buddies
Relation You are not Freelance's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Oct 29, 2011 - 10:15 AM
UK Trip 2: BRIGHTON and GHOST TOUR
Response to: BRITISH MUSEUM PART 2: ROMAN AND GREEK (Plus Others) by Freelance

Haha I forgot I took photos of the city of Brighton before I went to the Royal Pavilion so here they are now. Remember that I went to Brighton on day 2 of the trip.

Spoiler:

Cornish pasties! Delicious! I got the traditional one with potatoes and some veggies. Unfortunately this was the first and also the last time I've seen a cornish pasty store. Wish I could've had more : /

So continuing onto the present on the trip...

On the same day where it was discovered we had to go back a day early and that my 3DS is fried to bits and pieces (a bit of an exaggeration there but still sad all the same), we went on one of the many walking ghost tours that evening (Tuesday). These ghost tours are usually two hours.

Sorry, but I can't remember every single ghost story that the tour guide mentioned so if there's no caption for a photo please come to the conclusion that I just simply don't remember the significance of why I took it.

Note that some of the photos were brightened some for they were too dark to see in the original shots.

Spoiler:

The pathway which ends at the area where the infamous Newgate Prison once stood. It has been demolished. All the more evil criminals were placed there and there's a big black dog that roams that street. Legend has it that back in the time of a great famine, a man was imprisoned at Newgate, charged with sorcery. His cellmates tore him to bits and ate him. That very night, they themselves were torn to bits by a huge black dog. Once the victim was avenged, it disappeared and from that day on, it would appear on the evening before every execution and it leaves behind the smell of death when it disappears. The little street in the photo is called "Deadman's Walk." It was where prisoners walked to be executed.

The only remaining bit remaining of this church (sorry, forgot which church).

This area was once a public execution site where they hanged seven people at a time.

The tavern beside the public execution site where people can eat while watching the hangings. In the cellar was there the prisoners would wait until it was their turn to die, and sometimes they can wait a long while before there's seven in total to hang. There's a ghost lurking in the cellar which they call Fred.

A memorial dedicated to the great London fire.

A memorial for Sir William Wallace.

This area here was where they dug a deep pit where they tossed in infected people in the great plague. Instead of helping them, they'd just toss them in the pit with the corpses since they're going to die anyway. They may also lock you up in your own house and let you starve to death if they have reason to suspect you have it. Just like witches, if someone hated you, they could just say you have the plague and that is enough for them to board you up, whether you have it or not.

The area where the ghost of Isabella of France, Queen consort to Edward II of England can be found. Legend has it that Isabella hated him and conspired with Roger Mortimer to kill him. If she did, she wasn't caught. Another legend states that Edward II was killed by shoving a red hot poker up his butt. Nice, but today experts don't believe that's what happened. Funny thing though. After she died they put his heart in her hands so if she really did have him killed, that'd be really ironic.

Just wanted to take a photo of the full moon.

After the tour we were on our way back when we got hungry and decided to eat at one of the many Chinese restaurants near the hotel. I ordered vermicelli noodle soup with roast duck in it. Man it was soooo gooood. The soup actually had some flavour in it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 deloreons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #673 of 679]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Freelance's Journal