Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal

Journal Banner
Ah, the good old days. Before people asked left and right: "Adama?" When Pangalin was still a member called Pangalin, and I ran into him once and got nominated for an award. When Mucknuggle still had the first post in the Music Exposure Club. My disastrous thread-making incident. When Crash was still smarter than me - wait, that one hasn't changed. When Zephyrin was still a *%&tard, even though I thought he was a girl that one time. When nobody knew who I was at all outside of the MEC. When I couldn't count to my user number without spending days and days on the task. When ChocoJournal was bright and new, and I actually updated. Yep. Good times.

Admiral Amara's Journal Statistics
View Admiral Amara's profile
Entries 168 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (1.19% of total)
Views 70433
Replies Admiral Amara has made 866 comments [view stats]
Comments 965 comments (5.74 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 72 props given to Admiral Amara [who be proppin?]
Buddies 68 buddies
Relation You are not Admiral Amara's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 15, 2007 - 02:06 AM
Staaaar Waaaars (romantic scenes)
Staaaar Waaaars
I was watching "The Empire Strikes Back" today, since I haven't watched it in more years than I care to admit. It was nice to enjoy the best movie in the series again, now with a better understanding of everything going on. Anyway, I was enjoying myself, and during the time when Han and company were hiding inside the asteroid, I got thinking about something again. Remember that scene where Han and Leia first kiss? Wasn't that a great scene? The romantic tension between them finally dissolving in a convincing, passionate scene. Both characters are real, and you can identify with them and really feel the moment. And then C-3PO bursts in and spoils it, and you laugh to yourself. Haha, who hasn't had that sort of thing happen to them? Anyway, here's the original dialogue.

Originally Posted by The Empire Strikes Back
HAN: Hey, Your Worship, I'm only trying to help.
LEIA: Would you please stop calling me that?
HAN: Sure, Leia.
LEIA: Oh, you make it so difficult sometimes.
HAN: I do, I really do. You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think I'm all right.
LEIA: Occasionally (a little smile, haltingly) maybe...when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.
HAN: (laughs) Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.
LEIA: Stop that.
HAN: Stop what?
LEIA: Stop that! My hands are dirty.
HAN: My hands are dirty, too. What are you afraid of?
LEIA: Afraid?
HAN: You're trembling.
LEIA: I'm not trembling.
HAN: You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
LEIA: I happen to like nice men.
HAN: I'm a nice man.
LEIA: No, you're not. You're...
THREEPIO: Sir, sir! I've isolated the reverse power flux coupling.
HAN: Thank you. Thank you very much.
THREEPIO: Oh, you're perfectly welcome, sir.
Now, let's compare this classic scene with what audiences were subjected to 25 years later.

Originally Posted by Revenge of the Sith
ANAKIN: ...every second I was thinking of you. Protecting the endless, nameless Outer Rim settlements became a torture... the battles were easy, the longing became unbearable... I've never been so happy as I am at this moment.
PADME: Annie, I want to have our baby back home on Naboo. We could go to the lake country where no one would know... where we would be safe. I could go early and fix up the baby's room. I know the perfect spot, right by the gardens.
ANAKIN: You are so beautiful!
PADME: It's only because I'm so in love...
ANAKIN: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
PADME: So love has blinded you?
ANAKIN: Well, that's not exactly what I meant...
PADME: But it's probably true!
[They laugh]
ANAKIN: I haven't laughed in so long...
PADME: Neither have I.
God, I start to get that James Blunt song stuck in my head when I read that. YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, IT'S TRUE

So bloody corny. And the delivery! So bloody wooden. You'd think that at least somebody on the set might've said something when they saw such piss-poor acting making the love story unbearable and unwatchable. Ford and Fisher had great dialogue to work with back in the day, and they totally nailed it. Christiansen and Portman had crap to say and said it like crap. Lucas really lost his touch since he made the original trilogy, and it's a damn shame, too.

Bah, I know that everybody already did this whole spiel back in '05, and I really should be in bed. Whatever. I'm off to go sleep.

Currently Playing: Dinosaur Jr. - Out There

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #165 of 166]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal