Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal

Journal Banner
Ah, the good old days. Before people asked left and right: "Adama?" When Pangalin was still a member called Pangalin, and I ran into him once and got nominated for an award. When Mucknuggle still had the first post in the Music Exposure Club. My disastrous thread-making incident. When Crash was still smarter than me - wait, that one hasn't changed. When Zephyrin was still a *%&tard, even though I thought he was a girl that one time. When nobody knew who I was at all outside of the MEC. When I couldn't count to my user number without spending days and days on the task. When ChocoJournal was bright and new, and I actually updated. Yep. Good times.

Admiral Amara's Journal Statistics
View Admiral Amara's profile
Entries 168 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (1.19% of total)
Views 70432
Replies Admiral Amara has made 866 comments [view stats]
Comments 965 comments (5.74 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 72 props given to Admiral Amara [who be proppin?]
Buddies 68 buddies
Relation You are not Admiral Amara's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jan 30, 2007 - 10:48 AM
I've been considering it.
American Idol. Yeah, you know. That show. The show with the mean-ass British guy, the token black guy, and the cracked-out female, and a host of people getting airtime because they have no vocal talent whatsoever. Oh, and a few people here and there that can actually sing. Millions try out every year, and if you're either really darn bad or pretty darn good, you might just get in to see Simon, Paula, and Randy. Hooray for them.

What I mean to say here... is that I've been considering trying out for the show.

I'm sure that for some people here, this basically strips away a large amount of credibility from my Internet persona, but hear me out. American Idol is a Pop singing competition. I really don't like Pop music on the whole, but in the past couple years, song choices have started to show a trend, even if it's a minor one, of not-Pop songs. While I do not watch the show regularly (or much at all), the rest of my family does, so I get to hear about most of the contestants second hand. The girl that sang opera? She also sang Jeff Buckley's "Eternal Life", which is an incredibly kick-ass song. She made it to Hollywood. Chris that came in third last year? He knew how to kick out the jams and have fun, and having Live out there on stage with him for the finale was pretty cool.

That's not really much of a reason, of course, but a big part of why I want to try out is because I have absolutely nothing to lose. I fully understand that the show is a Pop-oriented contest, but that's not what I plan to bring to the show, if I even make it past the first round. From what I hear (and once in a great while, seen), if I'm not outright terrible, the judges actually have good advice to give. If I go on and I'm mediocre, since I know for a fact that I'm not awful, I might even get some good advice from the judges. If I'm better than average, it's possible I'll move on. And if I don't make it through? Nothing changes. I'm still just me. If I actually made it past the first round, I would staunchly hold on to my beliefs of what I think sounds good and apply that to whatever theme week was given to me (like that one kid tried to do with "Dancing Queen", and it almost worked). When the option is purely mine, I'd go out there and sing stuff like Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah", which I actually do pretty well, or some Radiohead, possibly some Ben Folds. I've even been playing around with some Opeth (never gonna happen ) Stuff that doesn't violate my credibility as a musical snob.

Ugh, you know what? This journal entry isn't any good. I'm not even gonna bother to rewrite it. Whatever. Anyway, thoughts? Should I go for it, as it were?

Currently Playing: Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (22 tactics)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #160 of 166]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Admiral Amara's Journal