Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal

Dr. Uzuki's Journal Statistics
View Dr. Uzuki's profile
Entries 48 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 24713
Replies Dr. Uzuki has made 662 comments [view stats]
Comments 246 comments (5.13 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 69 props given to Dr. Uzuki [who be proppin?]
Buddies 20 buddies
Relation You are not Dr. Uzuki's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 1, 2010 - 01:02 AM
What is wrong with my computer?
Recently, I had a strange desire to play Final Fantasy XI again (I know.). I purchased the game years ago when it was newly released and played it without any trouble. I'm now using the exact same system and for some reason when the game advances to the main menu, the screen does this:

Now updated with actual screen captures.
Spoiler:

Things start out just fine.

Spoiler:

But then this happens.

Spoiler:

Followed by this.

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9600/X1050, my processor is 1.33, and my memory is 512. I'm running XP Pro. All this should be sufficient to play the game and have in the past. My video card drivers weren't current, but I updated them upon encountering this problem. DirectX version is 9.0c.

While the screen is buggy, the cursor still appears and can be freely moved. Sound is just fine. And text displays, all but the first letter, so instead of "Select Character, Create Character" it displays as "elect Character, reate Character".

I wish I could say I have run tests with other games, but I have practicably none to do so, none that are taxing. My limited and neglected PC selection got lost the last time I moved.

Anyone have any idea? Has my video card just finally taken a shit or what?

Currently Playing: Nothing on this piece of shit.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #43 of 48]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Dr. Uzuki's Journal