Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Temari's Journal

Journal Banner

Temari's Journal Statistics
View Temari's profile
Entries 425 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (0.47% of total)
Views 196075
Replies Temari has made 1579 comments [view stats]
Comments 3159 comments (7.43 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 716 props given to Temari [who be proppin?]
Buddies 51 buddies
Relation You are not Temari's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Aug 1, 2014 - 12:47 PM
Life Update, Part 3 - Guess I had to grow up sometime
I haven't been very vocal about it (in fact, besides my family and a few select friends, I don't think anyone really knows), but at age 27, I've finally moved out of my parent's place.

Because my job has been going so well, I've been able to DESTROY the amount of debt I had… in the two and a half years I've worked here, I've paid off my credit card, my car, and two student loans. I've managed to get my debt from somewhere around $35,000 to around $9,000. (Insert joke about American Colleges here.)

Either way, such an insane amount of debt is what kept me at my parent's in the first place. I told my boyfriend that it wouldn't be fair of me to move in with him if I was saddled with so much debt. Once I finished paying off my car last November, I was more comfortable with the idea. But between work keeping me busy and a few false starts involving the apartment we were waiting on, things were just held up. It finally worked out in early July, and we've been officially living in the apartment together for about 3 weeks now.

Of course, what's a journal update about a new place without a few PICTURES?

Pictures of the Place:

It's nothing to look at from the outside, so I won't bore you with those. Just know that its a third floor apartment. The door is technically on the second floor, then we have to walk up another set of stairs, making it an almost loft-ish apartment.

This here is the bedroom, obviously. I think we went a bit crazy getting a king-size bed, but my boyfriend couldn't be happier. He's one of those 'don't touch me when I'm sleeping' types. I'm just glad the damn thing fits in the room… when I first saw it, I didn't think we'd have any space left. Also, for the first time in my life, I have a closet ALL TO MYSELF. Woo! Only bummer is that you HAVE to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Not the most ideal thing for guests.

When you first walk up the indoor stairs, the bedroom is to your left, and the living area is in front of you. Its an extremely long room… I'm planning on using the couch and/or chair to divide the room into two. First half will be a living room with the tv, coffee table, couch, etc, while the back half will become more of an office area, where I'll keep my desk and books. This part will also store my comics.

Right off of the living area is the kitchen, which needs a bit of fixing, but its getting there. I'm just excited to have counter space to actually make food!

The apartment is pretty much connected to the restaurant I worked at until a few years ago, so nearly every time I walk outside, I smell bacon. The guy who owns the restaurant is also the landlord, which is a small point of contention between my boyfriend and I. I've known Bill (landlord) since I was 12. He's a good family friend, and like a cousin to me. So I have no problem telling him if something is wrong with the apartment. My boyfriend, on the other hand, currently works at the restaurant, and can only see Bill as his Boss. So he doesn't want to bother his boss with 'little things' like kitchen cabinets that are off their hinges, or loose electrical sockets.

Its definitely been an adjustment living with my boyfriend. He's a night-owl to the extreme, whereas I prefer to be in bed by 10:30, if I can help it. He has almost no problem leaving a heap of clothes in the corner by his dresser, I have a set place for everything. The WORST part is that he's a smoker. And that's bad enough in itself, but he's a MESSY smoker. The kind of smoker who, if he doesn't have an ashtray RIGHT next to him, will use whatever's available… tub, toilet, coffee mug, empty Snapple bottle, sink, etc. In fact, he didn't even HAVE an ashtray until I unpacked one for him about a week ago. So that's something we're working on.

And I'm sure there are things I do that have gotten under his skin too. I'm the type who waits until the dishwasher is full to run it. He sees a couple pots and a couple plates in it and decides its good to go. He's a cook (not quite at Cody-level, but I wouldn't mind seeing the two of them in a cook-off), so grocery shopping has certainly shown our different food preferences.

So yeah, it will continue to be an adjustment. Its certainly been an adventure. I expect to have the apartment in a bit more order by the end of this weekend, so I'll get some pictures of the 'finished product' when that happens.

I guess I had to grow up sometime, right? My mom would probably prefer me staying at home a little longer, but that's what moms are for.

TL;DR: It's not THAT long of an entry, just read it you lazy fucker! <3

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [10] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 fans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #420 of 423]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Temari's Journal