Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Temari's Journal

Journal Banner

Temari's Journal Statistics
View Temari's profile
Entries 425 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (0.47% of total)
Views 196063
Replies Temari has made 1579 comments [view stats]
Comments 3159 comments (7.43 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 716 props given to Temari [who be proppin?]
Buddies 51 buddies
Relation You are not Temari's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Dec 19, 2013 - 11:34 AM
This is going to be glorious.
Tonight is my office's Christmas party. And I'm already looking forward to how hilariously (and mind-numbingly) awkward New Kid is going to be.

We're going to the same place we went last year... a little Italian place in downtown SONO (South Norwalk: Where the rich people who are still too poor for SOHO live). It's a nice place, owned by an off-the-boat Italian, staffed by a bunch of Mexicans. Formal attire not required, but a nice shirt wouldn't hurt.

After dinner, we'll probably do exactly what we did last year, and go across the street to a little bar and drink ourselves silly. Its a bit of a dive bar, but the draw is that they focus on delicious craft beers, with over 30 on tap. Of course, we're in the middle of a rich, private college area, so it'll be filled wall-to-wall with trust-fund college boys with popped collars and something to prove. (Tangent: Last year, one of these kids was so drunk that he kept wobbling into ADD/ADHD Co-Worker, then got offended that ADD kept nudging him away. It resulted in him giving ADD a stinkeye that said "I wanna start a fight with you, but you're a big scary black dude, so maybe I'll have my dad hire you as our butler instead.")

So we're discussing the party yesterday, and the conversation with New Kid went something like this:

New Kid: "This place where we're going... what kind of drinks do they have?"
Me: "They've got the good stuff. Some imported beers that are 'eh', but not a bad wine in the place."
New Kid: "Oh, so I can get a sangria? Awesome."
Me: "..."
New Kid: "What about afterwards? You said something about a bar...?"
Me: "Yeah, the bar's awesome. Its a total beer bar, lots of great craft beers."
New Kid: "So they'll have some good hard ciders then? Like Woodchuck, or Redds?"
Me: *sigh* "...probably."

So to add to this already hilarious image, New Kid shows up today in a SUIT AND TIE. So lets think about this: at the restaurant, he's going to be offered a glass of $50/bottle wine, and will ask for Sangria instead. At the bar, he'll be in this stuffy suit and tie, sipping his hard cider, surrounded by drunk college boys who will look at him like a chew toy.

I can't wait for tonight.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 fans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #416 of 423]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Temari's Journal