Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85204 35210

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal

Journal Banner
Welcome!

map car man words telling me to do things's Journal Statistics
View map car man words telling me to do things's profile
Entries 742 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (0.13% of total)
Views 335073
Replies map car man words telling me to do things has made 4279 comments [view stats]
Comments 6486 comments (8.74 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2201 props given to map car man words telling me to do things [who be proppin?]
Buddies 61 buddies
Relation You are not map car man words telling me to do things's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jan 1, 2019 - 12:58 PM
Games of the Year 2018 + AWARDS
Response to: Games of the Year 2017 + AWARDS by map car man words telling me to do things

It is the time of lists. I'm gonna go through the games I played through last year and pick the best ones again!

Games I started before 2018 and only finished last year:

-

Games I started and finished last year:

HITMAN (2016) (Professional difficulty 20/20 all challenges)
Iconoclasts
SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Heist
SteamWorld Dig 2
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Fear Effect Sedna
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (PC)
Lara Croft GO + DLC (PC)
Into the Breach
Oakwood Academy of Spells and Sorcery
Celeste
Link Twin
Framed
Framed 2
Hidden my game by mom
Hidden my game by mom 2
My brother ate my pudding
Wings of Vi
Kathy Rain
Forgotton Anne
Lake Ridden
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
La-Mulana 2
Chuchel
Crossing Souls
Thief of Thieves: Season One
Akane
Death's Gambit
Hidden my game by mom 3
Ghost of a Tale
FAR: Lone Sails
The Gardens Between
HITMAN: Sniper Assassin
Tangledeep
Marie's Room
The Lion's Song
Gorogoa
Master Spy (true ending)
What Remains of Edith Finch
Remothered: Tormented Fathers
Darksiders
Darksiders II
My Memory of Us
Where the Goats Are
Donut County
Unavowed
Get Even
Minit
Resident Evil 7 + DLC
Semblance]
Return of the Obra Dinn
Darksiders III
GRIS
Iris.Fall
HITMAN 2 (2018)

Games I started last year but didn't or couldn't finish:

Agents of Mayhem
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Fortnite: Save the World
Fortnite: Battle Royale
God of War
CrossCode
Dead Cells

Best games of 2018 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

Iconoclasts
[Best Robin] [Most unexpectedly depressing and dark story details]

6/10

Where the Goats Are
[Best Goats] [Best Chicken] [Best Drawing on Sand]

7/10

Unavowed
[Best Ben Chandler Sprites] [Best Vicki] [Best Mandana] [Best ProZD]

6/10

Forgotton Anne
[Best faux Ghibli aesthetics] [Also most unexpectedly depressing and dark story details]

7/10

Crossing Souls
[A++ Ending]

7/10

Semblance
[Best blobs]

6/10

Iris.Fall
[Best clockwork gears]

6/10

THE QWARKY TOP 16 BEST GAMES OF 2018

Spoiler:

Chuchel
[Best Amanita Design game of the year] [Best Slapstick] [Best DVA game soundtrack of 2018] [Cherry of the year]

Jaromír Plachý and Amanita deliver another delightful interactive picture book of slapstick and weirdness.

YouTube Video

7/10

Thief of Thieves: Season One
[Best Robert Kirkman license] [Surprising Finnish Game of the Year] [Best Celia] [Best comic book inking]

Surprisingly enjoyable episodic adventure game with stealth and light choice making. A really nice comic book aesthetic and solid voice acting makes it easy to put up with the occasionally clunky stealth, though I read they've patched improvements since. Good stuff! I want a season 2!

8/10

Hidden my game by mom 3
[Best giraffe] [Best Mom gallery]

MAMA

8/10

FAR: Lone Sails
[Best Horizon] [Most Biggest Transportation] [Best Music]

You stare at a lonely horizon and drive a dope ass trashpowered tank.

YouTube Video

8/10

Minit
[Best Sword] [Land.. is best] [Best Jukio Kallio] [Best Countdown] [Best Black & White] [The Funniest Gag Award - for the old man by the lighthouse]

Use sword and die every 60 seconds. The Funniest Gag speaks for itself.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

8/10

Darksiders III
[Best Fury] [Best Tornado] [Best Giant Hammer]

A very good metroid/souls alike with fun combat and fun exploration. Ends a bit abruptly but hey.

7/10

Ghost of a Tale
[Best Mice] [Best Frog] [Best Pirate Outfits] [Best Hiding in Barrels] [Best Mushroom Picking]

The best fantasy mouse sneaking and eating simulator RPG of 2018.

YouTube Video

8/10

Into the Breach
[Best Mechs] [Best Turn-Based Game] [Most Heartbreak] [Best Time Travel] [Best Music]

FTL dev comes up with a way to break our hearts in turn-based tactics. Incredibly addicting and replayable.

YouTube Video

8/10

Return of the Obra Dinn
[Best Graphics] [Best Detective Work] [Most Tragic Discoveries] [Best Music]

Lucas Pope makes us play supernatural detective and insurance agent.

YouTube Video

8/10

La-Mulana 2
[Best Lumisa] [Best Mulbruk] [Best Bosses] [Most Getting Lost] [Most Where the Fuck am I Supposed to go What the Hell] [Best Music] [Funniest/Cutest/Most Heartbreaking Scene of the Year]

YouTube Video

8/10

Akane
[Best Cyberpunk] [Most Blood] [Best Combo Chasing] [Best BLAME! Gun]

YouTube Video

8/10

Donut County
[Best Holes] [Best Slapstick] [Best Raccoon] [Best Drone] [Best Music]

Ben Esposito gives us a strange and charming story about a selfish little shit raccoon dooming the world. Fantastic and funny stuff.

YouTube Video

8/10

HITMAN 2 (2018)
[Best Level Design] [Best Murder] [Best Replayability] [Best Stealth] [Best Castle] [Best Miami] [Best Mumbai] [Best Slapstick] [Best Santa]

Well, the story is back to pretty dumb again after Season 1's promising start, but the level design is some of the best the series has ever seen. Fantastic work IO, I hope you do well enough for a Season 3.

YouTube Video

8/10

The Gardens Between
[Best Graphics] [Best Dioramas] [Best Kids] [Best Rewind] [Best Bittersweet Ending]

A delightful little puzzler experience, with a gorgeous 3D diorama look and lovely music. The simple interactivity hides some clever puzzle sequences to solve, and you never get tired of forwarding and rewinding time, watching the two kids walk and run and climb and look at things. To top it off, the narrative tells a moving little story about the joys and pains of childhood friendship. A treat, I tell you!

YouTube Video

9/10

GRIS
[Best Graphics] [Best Animation] [Best Watercolours] [Best Loneliness] [Best Falling] [Best Statues] [Best Music] [Best Chase Sequences] [Best Underwater] [Best Box Shaped Buddy] [Best Box Shaped Apples]

An astonishing piece of animated art you play through. It's bold, it's achingly gorgeous, it's contemplative and thrilling and melancholic and moving. It's a treat for the senses and I had a really hard time deciding between it and the game above for #2.

YouTube Video

9/10

Celeste
[Game of the Year] [Mountain of the Year] [Best Madeline] [Best Writing] [The Made Me Cry Award for making me cry] [Toughest Platforming] [Best Weh heh heh laughing noise] [Best Music]

Well there it is. Celeste won my heart from the moment Madeline started talking and it remained my favourite game throughout the year. It's an incredibly tough platformer that superbly weaves punishing difficulty into a beautiful narrative about the struggles we endure and the strength we can find to better ourselves. We want Madeline to succeed and find courage because she's an incredibly endearing character and you grow to love all of the cast. Lena Raine's gorgeous soundtrack and some excellent writing elevates Celeste into a powerful and incredibly rewarding experience that speaks to pretty much all of us.

YouTube Video

9/10

Response entries:
Games of 2019 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #740 of 741]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal