Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Infernal Monkey's Journal

Infernal Monkey's Journal Statistics
View Infernal Monkey's profile
Entries 194 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 185153
Replies Infernal Monkey has made 3537 comments [view stats]
Comments 3215 comments (16.57 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 3530 props given to Infernal Monkey [who be proppin?]
Buddies 116 buddies
Relation You are not Infernal Monkey's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jul 12, 2007 - 08:59 AM
Pokemoan
This morning was GET UP AND OUT OF THE HOUSE AT TEN TO SIX morning. I was off to meet the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Aus. Wait no. Hurstville. See here, look, an image on the internet.

BUT INFERNAL, THAT'S ONLY LIKE THREE STOPS. No! Zoom!

Because well, Pokemon. I dunno, you might remember when I did a gurn about the Marieo Cart event like two years ago or something, this time it's POKEMON. They're going around the country looking for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl mastaaaahs. When the train rocked up, there were still seats avaliable, and I had four erections at once because of that. A chance to SIT DOWN on a SEAT in a TRAIN during the early hours of the MORNING when everyone is TRAIN CRAZY and CAPS LOCK, that's the rarest Pokemon of them all. After changing at Redfern, land of "give us a dollar ya cuuuuuunt", I noticed the train was empty.

VERY EMPTY.

I was concerned about this ghost train. Then I remembered nobody goes to Hurstville, and only Nintendo is stupid enough to think people do. It's like the WORST POSSIBLE LOCATION. Should have just held it at Redfern. Give us a Pokemon ya cuuuunt.

I was meeting up with Grubdog and Hybrid Hunter, because they were entering the challenge thingy. Not me, I was just goin' because! I haven't kept up with Pokemon, I mean, I have Diamond, but after two weeks I've only just gotten the bike. The last Pokemon RPG game I played was Blue, ten years ago. That's not going to get me far since there's roughly nine hundred gabillzillion Pokemon I've never heard of!

Before the chaos. I like how they had demo units of Pokemon at an event meant for people who are hardcore at Pokemon.

And uh, you can sorta see the Wii area. That garage door on the left?

It EVOLVED into this useless little stall. And they were FUCKED, because the entry waiting line was right next to them. A wall of people blocking sales of precious fine goods, ahuahwhauahwhauhaw.

LARGE DS. The top screen was used to display one of the battles going on. See like four people battled at a time up the front. One of the stations was linked up to the TV so everyone could see and laugh/cheer/cringe or yell "HAXXXX" whenever someone attacked with a powerful move. "OHMYGODYOUCAN'TDOTHATWITHALEVELWHATEVERPOKEMONNOT UNLESSYOUDOTHETHINGSANDTHEUUUUGGGH" one group of nerds screamed. Oh and the bottom screen just played adverts for Wii/DS games all day. So Grubby and Hybrid arrived shortly after, filled in their forms, the area opened up like a Transformer transforming from a closed robot into an open robot.

And this is what it was pretty much like the whole day. Even more packed when the trivia bits were going on (because that's when they handed out free stuff). I'm really no good at this Pokemon business, so I can't explain attacks or whatever was really going on other than fancy effects on screen. But some of the matches were fun to watch, especially with the crowd really going bezerk. WHOA DID YOU SEE THAT? HE JUST CHUCKED A LIGHTNING BOLT AND THEN SOME HAIL AND OOOOOOAAAAAAAAH I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT!

Hybrid preparing for BATTLE. He always made the best expressions when I pointed the camera at him. <3

Grubby IN BATTLE. I'm using BATTTTTLLLLEEEEE a lot!

We had to fill in exciting time while waiting for the next round to start, so this called for food. I got a 'five dollar feed' which included a cheeseburger that looked very dull.

So I modified it a bit with some chips and blobs of chocolate sundae.

DELICIOU-AUUUGH THE FLASH!

OMG HELLO PIKACHU ^_^

SO KAWAII LOLOL! ^_^~

Grubby and Hybrid again BATTLING SOME GOONS. Grubby lost to that dude in blue with the stupid beanie thing. He seemed pretty hardcore. Hybrid made it through to the next round. =o

Character cosplay time. Yeah yeah fuck you this is a worthless angle but I wasn't going to fight the crowd to move around. Wait what, only ONE PERSON actually dressed up as a Pokemon character. The little girl there, she was supposed to be part of Team Rocket. She even had the 'R' on her shirt and everything. The rest of the wankers standing up there were just wearing their normal clothes "oh uh, I've dressed up as uh... a Pokemon trainer!" One guy was wearing a NES controller as a belt buckle and expected everyone to cheer for him for some reason.

This dickhead brought along a bloody CASE full of his Pokemon cards to battle people over at the dedicated table which everyone stayed the fuck away from, including event staff.

WE COLOURED IN POKEMON. =)

Time to waste more time! Time time time. So we walked around some of the stores, Hurstville's Westfield is quite a depressing place really. Especially the EB, it was like a cave of stink and horror. The toy section of Myer was pretty lol though.

DONKEY IS HUNGRY.

SOME BATTLES LATER, Hybrid made it to the top eight! That means he won an awesome prize pack thing no matter what, which is good because he lost the semi-final. :] The ultimate winner dude got an insane amount of loot, like four big bags of stuff. "Four big bags of trash!"

The trivia parts were pretty dull, it was all Pokemon questions. Such an odd thing, having Pokemon questions at a Pokemon event. So I couldn't answer anything, if I had my way, 'Professor Oak' would be the answer to everything. Grubby scored himself a copy of Final Fantasy 3, which is kinda more of a joke prize than anything. Tee hee! HOWEVER, when they went to give away Bust-a-Move on the Wii, they asked for someone to come up on stage and dance. Because that's how dedicated Nintendo Australia are to games. They assumed Bust-a-Move was a video game about dancing. Sadly they later just picked some girl that was standing around in the crowd to get the game. But this dude in the white shirt, he wanted that prize SO MUCH. He just kept swingin' his arms around like Donkey Kong!

YouTube Video
TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN. Shit camera + people screaming and yelling = aw hell naw.

I got to try out Mario Strikers and Mario Party, both fun. Wanted to shove my way into the 'Touch Generation' area to try out More Brain Training but noooo, that's where the parents sat around and complained all day. I GOT A POKEMON KEYCHAIN.

Currently Playing: dj TAKA - Absolute 2007

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [20] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (16 yarnballs)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #124 of 194]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Infernal Monkey's Journal