Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal

Journal Banner

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal Statistics
View Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's profile
Entries 92 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (2.17% of total)
Views 181545
Replies Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon has made 1744 comments [view stats]
Comments 1057 comments (11.49 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 281 props given to Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Oct 7, 2009 - 10:38 PM
A Conundrum

I have basic accounts on sites like Match.com and eHarmony. I'm not serious about any of them, so I don't pay for a thing. It's just the free basic non-amenities such as having a profile and being notified during the blue moons in which someone shows interest in you. I've had the accounts for about a year, and the only reason they've ever existed is due to curiosity over what types of women their "complex algorithms" would match me with. I expect no activity and 98% of the time, I get just that.

Every now and then, I get e-mails saying that someone looked at my profile, or someone sent me a wink, an icebreaker, a howdy - whatever pathetic name they assign to a meek, first contact.

I am always very wary of these e-mails, since I've heard, and fully believe, that a large portion of them are auto-generated to lure non-paying registrants into forking over money for extra privileges such as being allowed to reply to messages, and to see the faces of the women with whom you're matched. I'm not eager to shell out their ridiculous fees to learn that my interested party was a bot account that doesn't reply.

But sometimes I read over the emails for laughs. It's amusing to see what they think I'll like.

Except tonight I got one that made me stop and sort of blink a few times.

Stats:
Name: Rachel
Town: Hamburg, NY
Height: 5'1"

I think I know this person.

Before I received my transplant, there was a nurse, at the hospital I went to in Buffalo, whose name was Rachel and who fits all of the other descriptions. We got along very well, and she was hot as hell. Of all the nurses in that place that I ever wanted to get with, she was #2.

Naturally, I don't know if it's her for certain, but it would be, at the very least, interesting if it is. I uploaded a photo some time ago, so if she can view them - unlike me - and it's the Rachel I know, then she must know it's me. It's a shame that eHarmony practically chaperones the whole "getting to know you" phase with the austerity of an 80 year-old Catholic nun, so it'd be impossible for her to come out and say "Hi Al! It's Rachel, how ya doing?"

I'm pretty curious. Even if it's somehow not the Rachel I know, which would be beating the odds for sure, it's still a nurse my own age, and I've definitely got a soft spot for nurses.

But the only way to actually know is to give them some money. And that's where the conundrum lies.

What do the rest of you think? I'm completely torn down the middle on this one.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 fleeps)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #54 of 90]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal