Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal

Journal Banner

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal Statistics
View Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's profile
Entries 92 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (2.17% of total)
Views 181646
Replies Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon has made 1744 comments [view stats]
Comments 1057 comments (11.49 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 281 props given to Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Dec 2, 2008 - 07:10 PM
A Bit of Career Advice?

Now that my health is dramatically improving, I'm seriously thinking about getting the college degree that eluded me for the first part of my life. I attended twice before, majoring in Art and English, respectively, but as I've grown older, I've come to learn that finding jobs in those fields is a difficult task, almost like waiting for lightning to strike.

Right now, two potential careers appeal to me: professional chef; and meteorologist.

Professional Chef

Pros:
  • Cooking is a form of expression, an area in which I'm naturally skilled.
  • Allows for a great variety of experimentation and specialization.
  • I have experience with most professional kitchen equipment already.

Cons
  • Obtaining a certificate likely means attending an expensive academy.
  • The sluggish economy isn't helping the restaurant industry. If things don't improve by the time I graduate, there may be too much competition for jobs.

Meteorologist

Pros:
  • It's a stable field. War or peace, rich or poor, there will always be weather, and therefore jobs.
  • It pays pretty well, especially if working for the government or an aerospace firm.
  • There may be interesting travel opportunities.

Cons:
  • The curriculum demands a lot of math, which isn't really my strongest suit.
  • I am more prone to infection in cold air than most people. This may be an issue at some point.
  • There are not many colleges that offer meteorology as a major. I do not know if I can afford to travel too far to attend.

So I'm rather torn. Cooking would be the more satisfying of the two but there are job stability issues. I would deeply resent working for my certificate only to be forced into working at a T.G.I.Friday's to make ends meet.
Meteorology has the better stability and may pay more overall but I am not 100% certain if I could bear the courseload's numerous miscellaneous requirements.

So, if you were in my shoes, given these criteria, which career would seem most optimal to you? I'd like to hear some opinions beside my own.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (19 fleeps)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25 of 90]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal