Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal

Journal Banner

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal Statistics
View Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's profile
Entries 92 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (2.17% of total)
Views 181083
Replies Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon has made 1744 comments [view stats]
Comments 1057 comments (11.49 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 281 props given to Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Aug 18, 2008 - 08:35 PM
For Those Interested, Update on GFF Mole

I'm still working on this. It's not something that can be run frequently, so I'm aiming to make it a singular experience of high quality. This means that all the elements must be ready to go before the game begins, no designing fifty percent on the fly.

I've concluded that I'll need to create an entirely new usergroup for this, one with a fair number of restrictions. With plans for twelve players, there will be twelve dupe accounts created. I'll assign one to each player.
Each account will be restricted to the Mole forum, whatever it's called. The next part is where it gets trickier. Because I want to minimize the risk of meddling from the outside, all players will be anonymous. Each account will bear a name but aside from me and that player, nobody else will know who's using it.

Further, each account will have limited Journal and PM access. This is where I will likely need Chz or Bigblah's assistance. I want players to be able to communicate with each other, and take private notes, but to have these features remain hidden from the rest of the board. If need be, Journal entries can simply be made private. But the PM thing is a must, as I don't need spoilers coming from outside the game.

The other reason for the dupe accounts is that I don't want to deny players access to GFF. Several years ago, NYRSkate did a Survivor game and participants were sequestered to one subforum. Granted, the whole premise of Survivor is seclusion, but Skate became increasingly inattentive and players became angry when his absences forced them to idle without purpose. I'm not going to repeat that.

I've already completed a handful of games, but the kinds of games that will work via internet forum are limited. They need to make people work together, yet allow for players to individually choose whether to aid or sabotage. Not as simple as it sounds. A lot of them will have to involve visuals - images and/or words. I'm trying to keep the games as variated as possible but forgive me if there's occasionally a thematic overlap.

I've decided that the end prize will be a gift card to something like Amazon. It will begin at a set amount, and all points earned in the games will increase the final value of the card. So if no games are won, the winner walks away with, say, a $50 card. But if a lot of games are won, then the value could double. That could be a few games, some DVDs, t-shirts, electronics, whatever you like. It's worth playing for, I think.

That's where it stands. Not taking sign-ups or anything yet. I get asked about it now and again, so I'm just putting the status here.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 fleeps)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1 of 90]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon's Journal